LOC Group, the premier international marine and engineering consulting firm, is pleased to announce its involvement in London International Shipping Week 2019 (“LISW19”). LISW19 is a unique forum that brings together leaders from every sector of the global maritime industry, as well as government officials, to take part in meetings, seminars and functions.
LOC and Clyde & Co, the internationally recognised global law firm, will co-host a panel discussion on Tuesday 10 September 2019 (11:30am – 14:30pm). With container ship casualties on the rise, the causes and their consequences demand careful examination. During the session, the panel will debate if the industry is taking enough action on certain topics, covering SOLAS fire regulations, container isolation and the potential prevention of misdeclared cargoes, among others.
- Simon Pollard – Shipping Technical Director/Naval Architect, LOC
- David Tozer – Independent Consultant
- Amarinder Singh Brar – Master Mariner at LOC
- Dan Jackson – Partner at Burgoynes
- Jai Sharma – Partner at Clyde & Co.
- Enam Hussain – Head of Eastern Claims Team at West of England P & I Club
During this important week in the Shipping calendar LOC will also be presenting at numerous other events.
- Dr R V Ahilan, CEO, LOC Group will be presenting Innovation in Engineering during the UK Chamber of Shipping event on the 9th of September (09:15am – 11:40am)
- Tim Camp, Renewables Projects Director, will discuss cross-industry collaboration during the Met Office event on the 10th of September (10:30am – 14:00pm)
- Nikos Benetis, Director of Hull and Machinery and Due Diligence Services, will examine international shipping finance during a seminar and networking event hosted by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers on 11th of September (18:30pm – 20:30pm)
More information about the 2019 London International Shipping Week can be found here: https://londoninternationalshippingweek.com/
For further information on the LOC and Clyde & Co event please contact Giulia Ineichen at the below email address: firstname.lastname@example.org