LOC London are looking for a Subsea Cable Engineer following recent windfarm and subsea cable installation MWS project awards. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty and Consultancy projects. The role is within our Energy team and the responsibilities include leading a project team and mentoring junior team members; project management responsibilities within such marine warranty / consultancy projects. The successful applicant is expected to spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable project work.
The position holder will be based in the LOC London office and undertake MWS engineering review, consultancy and site attendances, on behalf of insurers, Oil & Gas and Renewables companies, and offshore contractors on projects.
- Conducting and overseeing engineering reviews on Marine Warranty projects
- Technical document reviews and site attendances with respect to MWS requirements
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes
- Ensuring that the project activities are completed in accordance with client contract requirements including project administration, change control, progress reporting towards the client and timely invoicing
- When managing MWS project(s) you will be briefing project staff, responsible for risk management, liaising with clients, ensuring technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission
- Provision of consultancy advice and expert opinion in the resolution of claims arising during design, installation and repairs
- Preparing of bids for prospective projects in conjunction with the Project Directors or the Energy Operations Director
- To collaborate with other disciplines and members of the LOC Group regarding operational and specialist matters
- Mentoring junior team members
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, with experience in the Offshore construction industry Oil and Gas or Renewables
- MSc / BSc in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Solid background in design and installation of Subsea Power Cables, burial and protection. Alternatively such URF experience may also be considered.
- Use of analysis software (such as Orcaflex, flexcom) and be conversant in international cable design codes, guidelines and standards such as IEC, ISO, ICCP and DNVGL
- In date GWO Offshore Training and medical
- Relevant offshore transportation and construction track record as well as other offshore operations experience
- Will possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines
- Have experience of delivering MWS/Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for project management
- Experience in developing commercial and technical proposals
- Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations to witness operations for periods of time and sometime at short notice