London Offshore Consultants is seeking to recruit a Project Director for our London Office. The Project Director will report to the Energy Operations Director and will have responsibilities for a portfolio of Marine Warranty (MWS) projects.
The Project Director will lead project managers and teams to deliver optimum results in both financial return and client expectations. The key purpose of the role will be to set, monitor, maintain and report on project standards across a spectrum of key performance measures. The role will also require development/lead sales initiatives.
Candidates should have experience as project manager with sound knowledge and experience with offshore transportation and installations projects in oil and gas or renewables. This role demands a high degree of understanding of the technical, quality standards and cost management of such Marine Consultancy projects. There will be a need to establish and maintain performance standards, and implement improvements at both the technical and people areas.
- Project Management – with a strong focus on meeting contractual commitments in terms of time and deliverables, cost control, resourcing and invoicing.
- Client Management – acting as the senior representative of LOC with clients and being responsible for managing and building key stakeholder relationships.
- Financial Reporting – reporting project performance and achievement of targets in terms of costs, revenue and profitability.
- People Management – lead, motivate and develop a team of technical professionals.
- Sales – develop and lead sales initiatives.
Qualification and Skills
Candidates should have strong background and experience of delivering the management of MWS or Marine Consultancy contracts and should have the following key skills and qualifications:
- A Master Mariner (Unlimited), Chief Engineer, or a Chartered Engineer with substantial marine operations experience.
- A proven track record of leading large consultancy projects in the offshore transportation and or installation, or renewables sectors. Relevant EPC or design experience will also be considered.
- Able to add value to the technical activities of LOC Energy business in one or more of: offshore marine operations, marine warranty/advisory, offshore construction.
- Business management skills, including the winning, resourcing and delivery of profitable consulting services.
- Preference experience will be marine transportation, offshore installation and heavy lifts.
- Strong organisation skills being able to prioritise across multiple projects, clients and issues.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills being able to build rapport and develop constructive working relationships with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Proven successful records of sales and revenues
- People management skills and experience:
- Development and succession of staff
- Motivating teams
- Ability to challenge and move the business forward
- The right approach to customer relationships, delivery and repeat business