LOC is seeking to recruit a DP Engineer (Electrical and/or Mechanical) for their London Offices. Reporting to the DP Technical Authority, the DP Engineer will work predominantly on design and analysis complex electrical, control and mechanical systems on offshore DP vessels, MODUs as well as cruise ships, LNG, Naval, etc. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in electrical, control or mechanical engineering preferably with offshore/sea-going experience as an electrical engineer or a marine engineer.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand the knowledge and gain experience in the analysis of highly complex system in the marine and offshore industry.
Main responsibilities will involve analysis of electrical, control and mechanical systems for their failure modes and effects of DP vessels, preparation of test programs to verify the outcome of the analysis and witness the test programs. Position holder should be able to conduct assessment of on-board systems as part of DP suitability surveys.
Candidate should have worked onboard as an engineer or a design/installation or commissioning engineer. Experience in offshore marine operations will be an advantage.
There will be a high degree of client contact and consequently the successful candidate will possess excellent communication and report writing skills. Fluency in reading and writing in English is a must to deliver quality products.
Candidates should have some of the following key skills and qualifications:
· BEng or BTEC HND in electrical or mechanical engineering (compulsory)
· Experience as an engineer onboard a DP ship in electrical or mechanical discipline
· Design, installation or commissioning engineer of systems on DP board ships
· Experience in a similar position with a consultancy company
· Experience a ships superintendent on DP vessels
· Excellent communication and influencing skills being able to build rapport and develop constructive working relationships with clients, colleagues and staff.
· Strong organisation skills being able to prioritise across multiple projects, clients and issues.
· Teamwork demonstrated by the ability to work as an integral key member of the team as well as ability to direct others when leading a project.
· Technically and commercially astute.
· Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
· Fluent English – reading and writing (essential).
This position requires the role holder to travel regularly expect extended periods on site, often at short notice offshore and overseas. Due to the nature of the work, candidates must hold current offshore medical certificate.