LOC’s offshore consultancy history starts with the Statfjord B development project which was completed in 1981.
Since that time we have provided consultancy services to more than 1000 offshore infrastructure development projects of various types, sizes and water depths, in all corners of the globe.
As a result we have extensive marine and engineering experience in the yard construction, loadout, transportation and offshore installation operations of the following types of offshore oil and gas facility development to name but a few:
- GBS platform developments (concrete and steel)
- Fixed steel platform developments,
- Topsides float-over projects,
- Semi-submersible platform, tension leg platform (TLP) and spar developments,
- FPSO,FSO,FSU and FLNG developments,
- Pipeline projects – deepwater and shallow water, large and small diameter S-lay, J-lay and reel lay pipelines.
- SURF – deepwater and shallow water structures, umbilical, riser and flowline projects,
- Ice resistant structures
- Modu installed and self-installing platforms
We are probably best known for our market leading marine warranty services during the construction and installation phases of these development projects. However, we have the expert personnel and the experience of providing a much broader range of consultancy services in this sector.
Our 400+ strong team of multi-discipline engineers and master mariners have both the desk-top and the practical site experience to assist in the planning, engineering, auditing, management and oversight across the whole development life cycle of your offshore project.
Whether it be for the concept select, FEED, detailed design, tendering/procurement, construction, installation or hook-up and commissioning phases of your development project we have the capabilities to help you make your project a success.