independent third-party technical review and approval
A marine warranty surveyor (MWS) provides independent third-party technical review and approval of high value and/or high risk marine construction and transportation project operations, from the planning stages through to the physical execution.
LOC has been acting as MWS on behalf of underwriters, their assureds, the assured’s contractors, or for self-insured clients since 1979 and these services remain a core business for LOC today. Our MWS clients can therefore be assured of receiving a high quality, tried and tested service for any MWS contract they may place with LOC.
In the early years our reputation as a trusted MWS service provider was established from our work on a range of large North Sea concrete gravity base (GBS) and fixed offshore structure projects in the 1980’s. Since that time we have continued to evolve with the industry and have now acted as MWS on more than 1000 large energy infrastructure projects of all types, as well as thousands of other smaller marine operations.
LOC is now a market leading MWS service provider, we sit on the MWS advisory panel to the Joint Rig Committee of underwriters and have assisted in the authoring of the code of practice for marine warranty surveyors. We are also one of the founding members of the International Association of Warranty Surveyors (IAMWS).
Today we can apply our MWS expertise to a full range of client projects and marine matters including but not limited to the following;
Offshore oil and gas developments;
- GBS platform developments (concrete and steel)
- fixed steel platform developments
- topsides float-over projects
- semi-submersible platform, tension leg platform (TLP) and spar developments
- FPSO,FSO,FSU and FLNG developments
- pipelines – deep and shallow water and large and small diameter S-lay, J-lay, reel lay pipelines
- SURF – deep and shallow water structure, umbilical, riser and flowline projects
- exploration and drilling campaigns (rig moving, location approvals, mooring, tree and well head transport and handling etc..)
Onshore development projects;
- LNG plants
- petrochemical plants and refineries
- power stations (coal, gas and nuclear)
- loading and discharge terminals
- port and harbour developments
- road and rail bridges
- mine site development
- other – general, high value long lead cargo transport
Offshore decommissioning projects;
- GBS removal, tow and deconstruction
- fixed steel platform removals
- topsides removal projects (incl float-off and discharge projects)
- FPSO,FSO,FSU disconnection and towage
- mooring and loading system removals (incl CALM, SALM, ALC’s, submerged turret buoys)
- pipeline abandonment
- SURF – deep and shallow water structure, umbilical, riser and flowline removals
- well abandonment.
Offshore renewables development;
- wind farm projects
- wave energy developments
- tidal system installations
Trip in tow and scrap voyages;
- rig lay-up,
- FPSO unit and hull towage
- floating dock tows
- civil structure tows (concrete caissons etc)
- vessel and floating facility scrap tows
Our MWS services are supported by our large global network of international offices. This network, which is manned by professionally qualified and experienced master mariners and marine and offshore discipline engineers, enables us to support and service both exceptionally large infrastructure development projects (or mega projects), with their global supply chain needs, and also the smaller more country or regionally focused projects where we can supply local personnel and knowledge on the door step.
We use a proprietary web-based project tracking and management system to manage multi-site projects, which our clients can access to keep track of the progress of our work and deliverables real time.
Our decades of experience, global network, high calibre personnel, project management systems and our core values of independence, integrity and quality make LOC the obvious choice for provision of your MWS needs.
Marine Warranty Survey / case studies:
LOC London manages MWS project for LNG construction in the Arctic
LOC London is acting as the marine warranty surveyor, providing independent third-party design review and approval of marine operations including load-out, seafastening, transportation, shipping and offloading of cargo dedicated to the of the first m...
Marine Warranty Survey /
Marine Warranty Survey / in the news
on the 27.Sep.16
- 9th June 2016
- by Tony Moran
- Marine Warranty Survey