Expertise / LOC / Our People / Marine & Engineering Consultancy / Risk & Safety
broad knowledge of risk management, safety practices and procedures
LOC’s multi-disciplined technical staff have a broad knowledge range of risk management, safety practices and procedures and marine environmental issues. This is significantly enhanced by our marine expertise in marine operations and casualty investigation and consultancy work.
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessment for:
- Hazard Identification Risk Assessment and Control (HIRAC)
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- Navigational risk assessments
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA)
- Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPs) study
- Project HSE reviews (i.e. complex offshore transportation and installation (T&I) operations)
- Risk and safety audits of construction and repair facilities and port operations e.g. JH143 format audit and report
- Risk study for a marine operation or an area of operation
- Assistance and consultancy on health and safety management systems and implementation based on the OHSAS 18001 and ISM
- Consultancy for the development of HSE plan documentation
- field safety supervision and safety performance monitoring (construction site, marine facilities, etc.)
- Third party assurance audit / site safety assessments
- Marine and offshore facilities emergency response audit
- Fire prevention and protection assessment; fire plan, fire equipment installation and inspection, assessment of hydrocarbon, fuel s & gas storage, etc.
- Marine and offshore incident and accident investigation; root cause analysis, corrective action, reporting and lessons learnt / findings closure
- Contractor supplier HSE audit
- Project (overall or part) HSE compliance evaluation
- Assistance and consultancy on environmental management systems and implementation based on the ISO 14001
- Environmental impact studies of the marine and oil and gas industry to ensure compliance to the ISO14001 and / any other regulations.
- Identify any potential environmental impacts and recommendation on the mitigation measures related to marine facilities, marine operations, transportation of hazardous cargos
- Provide advice on pollution prevention pollution
- Address any others major potential hazards for the environment which may impact it at different levels: water, seabed/soil, air and consequently all living beings.
- advice and support for operations on oil recovery or dispersion (equipment, regulation, plans, etc)
- Operation manuals and guidance for vessels that include waste management, SOPEP, oil spill response and the like to meet classification society requirements.