Marine & engineering consultancy covers a variety of activities
Marine & engineering consultancy covers a wide variety of activities, our role is part of the risk assessment and management for an asset. We concentrate our efforts on the technical governance and operation expertise for an asset and focus our services to meet our client’s need.
Our areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analysis: structural and naval architectural calculation (grillage and sea-fastening design, motions response analysis, mooring design and analysis, riser analysis, FE analysis, load transfer engineering (load-out, off load – trailer, lifted or skidded, at quayside, near shore and offshore lifting), vessel inclining experiment, lightship calculation, and stability calculations and books (for flag state / classification society requirements) and third party verification.
- Technical support: providing independent impartial advice, planning and operations representatives for a wide range of activities including rig move, offshore and near shore marine operations ( load-out, pipe lay, dredging / rock dumping, station keeping and load transfer operations) and HSE matters.
- Study work: providing insight to reduce marine-related risks in decision making in areas such as engineering and operational feasibility and safety, FEED review and concept selection.
- Risk and safety: qualitative and quantitative risk assessment (including HIRAC, HAZOP; HAZID, navigational risk, FMEA/FMECA, & QRA), safety reviews, company audits, dropped objective assessments, SIMOPs planning and monitoring, project HSE plans and processes, field and site supervision, emergency response planning (including oil spill response), marine and offshore incident & accident investigation and compliance support to meeting ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and ISM codes.
- FMEA / FMECA: investigations for safety or operational critical system assessment and incident investigation (including DP systems, cranes, ballast, cargo, LNG, drilling sets, moorings, etc).
- Verification: verification and validation of work, by others, as an independent third party.