Expertise / LOC / Our People / Marine Casualties / Salvage
Our track record of marine salvage consultancy extends over 35 years
LOC is frequently appointed by hull and machinery underwriters, protection and indemnity (P&I) clubs and vessel owners to provide specialist consultancy services in marine salvage operations worldwide.
The experience and knowledge of our experts allows us to offer independent technical advice to our clients from the moment a casualty occurs to the successful completion of the salvage services. By working closely with salvage contractors, we aim to help control costs for our client whilst ensuring the salvage activities are carried out safely, efficiently and with minimal environmental impact.
LOC’s track record of marine salvage consultancy extends over 35 years and includes involvement in some of the world’s largest and most technically complex marine casualties. We work closely alongside and maintain excellent relationships with the world’s leading salvage contractors.
LOC’s experts include mariners and engineers able to act in the capacity of Special Casualty Representative (SCR), should the SCOPIC (Special Compensation P & I Club) clause be invoked under a Lloyd’s Open Form salvage contract.
Our specialist marine salvage services include:
- 24/7 emergency casualty, accident or incident response, via our network of over 30 offices worldwide.
- Feasibility assessment and advice on planned salvage operations and methodology
- Monitoring, reporting and assessment of salvage costs and project progress
- Advice and coordination of pollution prevention & control
- Advice on bunker and cargo removal operations
- Special Casualty Representative when SCOPIC is invoked
- Assessment and monitoring of casualty strength and stability throughout salvage operations
- Co-ordination and/or management of response operations