Senior Pipeline Installation Engineer (MWS) / London
LOC London are looking for a senior/principal Engineer with pipeline installation design experience. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty Survey (MWS) and Consultancy Services at a project manager level. The role is within our Energy team and the responsibilities may also include leading a project team and mentoring junior team members. The role includes project management responsibilities within such MWS projects.
The successful applicant will undertake MWS engineering review and site attendances, on behalf of insurers, Oil & Gas and Renewables companies on projects including:
- Subsea/pipeline installation
- Offshore transportation, load-out and installation
- Structural design
The Senior Pipeline Installation Engineer will spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable MWS project work. The remainder is expected to be spent on mentoring and preparing bids.
- Technical document reviews and site attendances with respect to MWS requirements
- Meeting the project schedule and budget for MWS projects
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes
- Ensuring that MWS project activities are completed in accordance with client contract requirements including project administration, change control, progress reporting towards the client and timely invoicing
- Managing MWS project(s) including: briefing project staff, risk management, liaising with clients, technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission
- Preparing of bids in conjunction with the Project Directors or the Energy Operations Director
- To collaborate with other disciplines and members of the LOC Group regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Chartered Engineer; Naval Architecture, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant offshore construction track record in subsea and/or pipeline installation as well as other offshore operations experience.
- Will possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
- Have experience of delivering MWS/Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for project management.
- Experience of managing project budgets and schedule including timely invoicing and management of change.
- Experience in developing commercial and technical proposals.
- Role is office based but candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations for periods of time.