Administrator (temporary to permanent) / London
LOC (London Offshore Consultants) is currently seeking an experienced Secretary to join our growing team in a vibrant office in London. LOC are a leading global international marine and engineering consultancy to the world’s shipping and offshore energy industries and their associated governmental, insurance and legal interests.
We combine multi-disciplined engineering and marine knowledge with practical experience and expertise to provide a unique range of consulting, survey and marine casualty response services to our clients, supplemented by our global network of strategically located offices.
The job role will include:
- Preparing, formatting and distributing reports to clients.
- Producing information by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, and copying text, data, graphics.
- Carrying out translation of documents using the in-house software.
- Maintaining the office locator along with reception to ensure that personnel movements are updated accordingly.
- Arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences where required.
- Maintaining the company filing, library and archive systems.
- Organising and submitting staff visas as requested and the occasional travel arrangements.
- Ensuring that the LOC London inbox is monitored frequently and new potential enquiries and conflict checks are dealt with promptly.
- Entry of opportunities into company database and checking for potential conflicts as required by the shipping team.
- Providing general administrative assistance primarily to the Shipping team.
- Providing occasional administrative assistance to the Energy team.
- Other project work as directed by senior management.
- Potential provision of assistance for in-house company functions on an occasional basis.
- Other ad-hoc duties such as covering Reception.
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- The ideal candidate may have had some legal secretary or consultancy experience however this is not essential.
- A-Levels / Higher or equivalent
- A high proficiency in the key areas of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
Salary dependent on experience.