Master Mariner / Singapore
LOC is seeking to recruit a Master Mariner to join their Shipping Services Team in Singapore.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the undertaking of professional consultancy services to our Industry client base, including but not limited to; P&I clubs, Admiralty Lawyers, Ship Owners and Charterers.
The range of services to be provided may include technical advice, legal expert reports/experts evidence, physical site surveys, vessel casualty response surveys and other high-end marine consultancy work relating to the shipping sectors.
Candidate should have the following key skills and qualifications:
- STCW Class 1 certification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior rank, with at least 3 years’ experience as Master on Bulk Carriers or Container Vessels.
- Technically and commercially astute.
- Fluency in reading and writing in English is a must to deliver quality attendance, vessel survey and technical expert’s reports.
- Possess excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Strong organisation skills being able to prioritise across multiple projects, clients and issues.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Previous Marine surveying experience or experience in the salvage industry will be an advantage. This position may require the role holder to travel regularly and potentially for extended periods on site, often at short notice (offshore and overseas).
Due to the nature of the work candidates must be medically fit.