Freelance Marine Warranty Surveyors / London
LOC is seeking to recruit freelance Marine Warranty Surveyors (MWS). Supporting a growing demand for our services in the regions of Russia, Black Sea, Caspian Sea and Kazakhstan. The successful applicants will work predominantly to support our MWS projects in these areas.
Candidates should have sailed as Master Mariner and hold STCW Class 1 certification with command experience. Alternatively LOC will also consider Senior Engineers (naval architects, sub-sea, mechanical or offshore engineers) with offshore operations experience. Proven MWS track record will be an advantage. Preference experience will be marine transportation, offshore installation and heavy lifts.
Main responsibilities will involve carrying out site inspections and marine asset surveys to support onshore and offshore energy projects. Candidates are expected to have significant working experience and knowledge in marine and offshore transportation and installation operations and vessel suitability surveys. OVID accreditation and experience will be an advantage.
There will be a high degree of client contact and consequently the successful candidate will possess excellent communication and report writing skills. Fluency in reading and writing in English is a must to deliver quality attendance and vessel survey reports. Fluency in the Russian language would be advantageous.
They should have the following key skills and qualifications:
- STCW Class 1 certification or a relevant academic degree in engineering from a reputable university.
- Proven track record in relevant offshore experience within marine and offshore sector.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills being able to build rapport and develop constructive working relationships with our clients, colleagues and staff.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Teamwork demonstrated by the ability to work as an integral key member of the team
- Technically astute.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Fluent English – reading and writing (essential) and fluent Russian (advantageous).
- A valid BOSIET Certificate
Due to the nature of the work candidates must be medically fit and hold current offshore medical certificate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a covering letter and an updated CV.