Consultant Marine Engineer / Dubai
LOC Middle East are looking for a Consultant Marine Engineer with general marine engineering consultancy experience. Reporting to the LOC Middle East Hull and Machinery Manager, the successful applicant will work predominantly on Hull and Machinery Services at a Consultant level. There will also be some involvement with general marine surveying and marine warranty surveys.
The successful applicant will undertake consultancy work on a variety of marine engineering activities and site attendances, on behalf of Brokers, Underwriters, Insurers, P & I Clubs, Marine Lawyers, Ship Owners / Managers and Oil Majors. Projects will include the following, but is not restricted to:
- Hull & Machinery Inspections
- Incident and Accident investigations, including root cause analysis
- Review and advising on repair costs.
- Consultancy work relating to shipping
- New Building Disputes
- Provide legal expertise and Expert Witness
- Execute MWS
The Consultant Marine Engineer will spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable consultancy / survey work. The remainder is expected to be spent on marketing and preparing bids / quotes for marine related shipping work.
- Undertake survey and consultancy work relating to marine engineering
- Provide legal expertise / Legal Reports / Expert Witness experience desirable
- Assist with expertise for marine engineering cases throughout the Group
- Marine inspections and independent audits
- Vessels, barges and site inspections/audits and reporting
- Execute marine warranty survey (MWS) project work when required
- Financial responsibility for their assigned projects.
- Marketing the company, its business streams and potential areas of new business
- Building / maintaining professional relationships with major customers, potential clients and professional associations
- Respond to clients and internal communication in a timely and professional manner
- Protection and enhancement of Group and company’s reputation in its chosen areas of business, including the presentation of papers and publication of industry articles
- Sailed as Chief Engineer and worked ashore or suitable senior shore based marine engineering role.
- Must be a good communicator, highly literate and able to draft complex reports in English.
- Previous surveying experience preferable but not essential.
- Capable of operating independently and also as part of close team within a large organisation
- The ability to mobilise at short notice, including out of normal working hours
- Role is office based, from Dubai but the candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations for periods of time.